We are a materials and processes engineering consulting concern. We provide answers in the following areas for our customers. If you find a question that you need an answer and the answer is not available in the site, to we invite you to contact us.
· Identification of plastics, elastomers, and corrosion products
· Project engineering for composite manufacture
· Consultation leading to decisions for composite feasibility, fabrication method, materials, preliminary design, and choice of fabrication vendor
· In-house composite seminars
· Market surveys and identification of composite market opportunities
· Failure analysis of composites and expert testimony
· Proposal support
· Editing, technical writing
· Manufacturing and design information for composites.
· Composite design, analysis, manufacturing, and testing support
|Visual Guide Page||Resume||Consultation||FAQ Answers1||Tutorial.html||History and Client|
|What's New||Subscriber Info||Home Page||Marketing and Proposals||Expert Witness||Editing|
1. Why should I use your service?
2. Who are the associates?
3. What is a composite?
4. Why are they used?
5. How do I find out about adhesive bonding?
6. What are quick checks to identify different plastics and rubbers
7. What is the difference between silicone and silicon (as in Silicon Valley).
8. How can we be sure that a certain plastic and a liquid are compatible?
9. How can we identify a possible corrosion deposit on our electronic component?
10. What kind of low-friction tribological coatings are for use on aluminum? Can I apply TFE to aluminum?
11. Where do I find properties of wood?
12. What are the steps in determining the reasons for composite failure?
13. How do I identify or specify a rubber composition
14. I ordered a Silicone rubber per the ASTM Specification and I received a black hard rubber. What do I do?
15. What are the differences between thermoplastic and thermoset materials?
16. What is Anodize? What are the various types ?
17. What is the difference between anodize and Alodine?
18. What is stress corrosion cracking of plastic? Why?
19. Where do I find information on space environmental effects on materials
20. How do I prepare _____ plastic for electroplating?
21. How are golf shafts made
22. How can I control agents doing analysis for me
23. Who are international suppliers of composite materials?
24. Can you suggest a manufacturer in ______?
25. Who are international manufacturers?
26. How do composites stand up under fatigue conditions?
27. Are there corrosion concerns with composites?
28. Who sells manufacturing equipment?
29. Where can I buy used equipment?
30. What kind of tooling do I need to manufacture?
31. What are the tooling material choices?
32 What is a quasi-isotropic laminate?
33. Why would I use a quasi-isotropic laminate?
34. Why would I use a uni-directional laminate?
35. How can I make a cheap. 1-off small pressure vessel?
36. Which composite fibers are recommended for compression use?
37. Which composites are best for outdoor exposure?
38. How can I know if my composite has been damaged?
39. Who can give me a quick course on composites? 1,2 or 3 day?
40. How is a golf shaft manufactured?
41. How do you arrive at the proper fiber to resin ratio in the finished composite?
42. How can I improve the productivity of my composite manufacturing technique?
43. Are your inventions available for licensing?
44. What do you mean by geometric stiffening?
45. What do you mean by symmetric and balanced laminate?
46. What is Poisson's stiffening?
47. What structures do not need to have a symmetric laminate?
48. What do you mean by "backing" on prepreg?
49. What are the safety considerations of prepregs vs. the use of "wet" resins?
50. How can you make a square or rectangular cross section tube by filament winding?
51. What is "fiber buckling"?
52. What does your "Handbook of Composites" cover?
53. What is the price of the Composites Handbook,. Where do I get it?
54. Where do I get your "Filament Winding" book.
55. How do you make composites
56. What are the materials of construction?
57. Where can get more information?
58. Are there books/magazines that I can buy?
59. What are the guidelines for selecting a manufacturing method?
60. Why do composites fail?
61. Who uses composites?
62. Why do people use composites?
63. What are analysis methods for composites?
64. Are composites expensive?
65. Who sells composites?
66. Who manufactures composites?
67. Who can build my structure from composites?
68. Can FEA programs be used with composites?
69. Is there a standard database for composite properties?
70. Are there safety concerns with the use of composites?
71. Who are the regulating industries for composite use?
72. Why would I use a composite rather than?